Tranquil Shores Alumni Group Business Meeting – Minutes for Monday, February 2, 2015
- Larry L., Ethan S., Ken P., Tim L., Shay P., Jamey K., Bret A., Tricia L., Ashley S., Jacob G., Jody M., Jill O., Lyn Pyz (staff)
- Roundtable check in
- Shay has 8 months tonight! Bret has a year on 2/4! (He’ll speak at the celebrants meeting at Blind Pass Saturday, Feb. 28th 8:00PM.)
- Tricia has 6 months on 2/28!
- Alumni newsletter is currently in the layout process with Mary’s kind assistance (and we all send her uplifting energy!)
- Staff will continue working to ensure the monthly upcoming meeting reminder email will be sent a couple/few days prior to the meeting date (we all appreciate the effort!)
- Jamey spoke on property 1/18. Tim scheduled for 2/15, Jacob for 3/15
Upcoming Wednesday 6:30PM workshops:
- 2/11 – Relationships (which was awesome!! – Ed. 🙂
- 2/25 – Releasing Expectations – Acceptance
- 3/11 – Our first “TS Alumni 12 Step Meeting – Free Thinkers Style”
- 3/25 – (suggested) Physical Effects of the Disease of Substance Addiction
Alumni Reunion Planning Subcommittee meeting Monday, March 2nd, 6:30PM
(before our main meeting). Ideas include:
- Sandcastle contest
- Non-food pie throwing at staff or dunk tank (Ethan to research tank cost)
- The interactive Alumni Panel Group during Community Week simply rocked. Staff will notify us of next scheduled date as it comes up in the program rotation. Please attend if you are able as it’s very rewarding to sit with and briefly hear from other diverse members of our community whom you may not have met yet!
- Discussed and unanimously agreed with staff recommendation that clients who have successfully completed a 30-day program with at least 90 days continuous sobriety are welcome to attend the monthly Alumni Group Business Meeting (with staff approval), however not the Art of Recovery or Workshop sessions.
- Monday, March 9th Alumni fun event will be roller skating if ice skating is unavailable; look for details upcoming in email. (Is there any cost to participate? – Ed.)
- Next Business meeting is Monday, March 2nd, 7:00PM.
- Respectfully submitted by Jamey K., 2/25/15